~Chewy Oatmeal Blondies~
So I found the recipe on the Paris Pastry Blog and rated it a 5 out of 5 on her blog so that did it...... Oatmeal Blondies will be baked! This is Martha Stewart's recipe also. Look at how amazing they came out.....YUMMY!
I think next time I will add some dired fruit or some chocolate chips to it. Its already sweet but what the hell.....right? LOL
Chewy Oatmeal Blondies recipe: Martha Stewart - Everyday Food
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush an 8-inch square baking pan with butter. (I used a larger rectangular tin, so I made 1.5 times the recipe) Line bottom and two sides with a strip of parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on both sides. Butter paper, and set pan aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, and beat until combined. With mixer on low, gradually add Baking Mix; mix just until combined. Mix in ¾ cup oats. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Using an offset metal spatula or table knife, smooth batter evenly. Sprinkle with remaining oats, pressing gently to adhere. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool in pan 30 minutes.
- Using overhang, transfer blondie (still on paper) to a wire rack to cool completely. Place on a cutting board (peel off paper); using a serrated knife, cut into 16 squares. Store blondies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days, or freeze for up to 2 months.