Saturday, March 6, 2010

Chocolate Kaluah Cupcakes with Kaluah Frosting!


WHAT A HEADACHE! But I got them done!!! Oh Yeah!!! Kaluah Cupcakes with Kaluah Frosting. OMMMMGGGG.....Last night at 1AM I was making them. I went to Give a Day, Get a day early that morning and had such a pouding headache afterwards. Not sure why because the weather was fantastic and it wasn't that labor entensive. See the Pic! The weather was fantastic in Miami, FL. Well if are taking a trip to florida and would like a free day at a disney park, then all you have to do is volunteer for one of the participating organizations and you'll get a FREE ticket. It's really cool. Go to the Disney Website and seach for Give a day-Get a day for more information! Of course you have to wait for the voucher. Anywho----back to the cupcakes....well I used a recipe that I use to make Rum Cake but I switched it around and used Kaluah and used it to make Cupcakes instead of a cake...YUM! I got the recipe from AllRecipes.com. I didn't use the walnuts or do the whole melting of butter over the saucepan glaze....This is great for the cake but I didn't want to do it on the cupcakes. Oh Yeah....AND I USED KALUAH!!!

The frosting I used from one of my favorite blogs-Lovin' from the Oven! It is DELICIOUS and people love it! It's not super-duper sweet but what I love is the Kaluah After-Taste.....Yumx2!!! Well the cupcake stays moist for a few days so this is a plus! I've made cupcakes before and they get hard the next day but not these! OHHHHH YEAH!

See my cupcakes!


I made mini cupcakes also!!!


Okay...One more pic!


Anyways I am waiting for the Oscars to begin! So I will check you out laters. Don't forget, Recipes below!


Kahlua Frosting
5 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
2.5 tablespoons Kahlua
16 ounces powdered sugar

Cream together cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Mix in Kahlua, then powdered sugar in one cup increments until frosting reaches desired consistency. Apply to cupcakes. (frosts 24 cupcakes generously)

Golden Rum Cake
Ingredients-this is for the cake!
1 cup chopped walnuts (DID NOT USE)
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix (USED CHOCOLATE CAKE MIX)
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix(USED CHOCOLATE)
4 eggs
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup dark rum
1/2 cup butter


Glaze
1/4 cup water
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup dark rum
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan. Sprinkle chopped nuts evenly over the bottom of the pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix and pudding mix. Mix in the eggs, 1/2 cup water, oil and 1/2 cup rum. Blend well. Pour batter over chopped nuts in the pan.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Let sit for 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto serving plate. Brush glaze over top and sides. Allow cake to absorb glaze and repeat until all glaze is used.
4. To make the glaze: in a saucepan, combine butter, 1/4 cup water and 1 cup sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat and continue to boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup rum. (DID NOT DO!)

2 comments: