Friday, March 5, 2010

Banana Banana Bread

I had the most horrible, stressful day at work and was soooo happy to get home and bake. Baking for me is so relaxing and just makes me forget I even had a bad day. I hated work today. So many DRAMATIC people today. So I got home and was like, I AM BAKING! My hubby was super excited because when I saw those super ripe banana's I thought--"I will make a banana banana bread." I've made this recipe forever and I still love it. The recipe calls for only walnuts but I love to add Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips. Yummy! :)

Recipe from All Recipes.com but I included the recipe below! Enjoy!!!!

Before it went in the oven.....

After it comes out!



Its super simple to make and its not too sweet and it doesn't have the banana overpowering taste. The recipe is below. Have fun making it! :)



Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas

Directions
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
2.In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
3.Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment