Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Chewy Oatmeal Blondies!!!

~Chewy Oatmeal Blondies~


Oatmeal Blondies.....I wouldn't believe it if you told me that these were going to taste so awesome but they were mmm....mmmm....good!  So although my hubby loves the sweeter stuff I make, like cupcakes, cookies and cakes---he feels better if he eats something that has oatmeal or fruits soooo I made a search for oatmeal desserts and I found this one.  :o)  I was so tired of making Oatmeal cookies already.  

So I found the recipe on the Paris Pastry Blog  and rated it a 5 out of 5  on her blog so that did it...... Oatmeal Blondies will be baked!  This is Martha Stewart's recipe also.  Look at how amazing they came out.....YUMMY! 

I think next time I will add some dired fruit or some chocolate chips to it.  Its already sweet but  what the hell.....right?  LOL




Chewy Oatmeal Blondies recipe: Martha Stewart - Everyday Food




Ingredients:

- 1 cup all-purpose flour

- ½ cup sugar

- 1 teaspoon baking powder

- ½ teaspoon salt

- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature

- ½ cup packed light-brown sugar

- 1 large egg

- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick-cooking)



Instructions:

- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.

- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush an 8-inch square baking pan with butter. (I used a larger rectangular tin, so I made 1.5 times the recipe) Line bottom and two sides with a strip of parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on both sides. Butter paper, and set pan aside.

- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, and beat until combined. With mixer on low, gradually add Baking Mix; mix just until combined. Mix in ¾ cup oats. Pour batter into prepared pan.

- Using an offset metal spatula or table knife, smooth batter evenly. Sprinkle with remaining oats, pressing gently to adhere. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool in pan 30 minutes.

- Using overhang, transfer blondie (still on paper) to a wire rack to cool completely. Place on a cutting board (peel off paper); using a serrated knife, cut into 16 squares. Store blondies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days, or freeze for up to 2 months.


No comments:

Post a Comment