Monday, December 6, 2010

Baby Shower Cupcakes!

Posted by Picasa
WOW, I know its been a while since I posted a blog but things have been soooo crazy for me. Its been such a rollarcoaster of year. You wouldn't even believe it if I told you everything that has happened to me. Let's just say this year has been so stressful followed by more stress. All this stressed turned into this crazy depression and then I couldn't even sleep at night. It was crazy! I wasn't baking because I was just not in the mood. Not sure if that's ever happened to you but I just roamed around, watched TV, slept and just wanted to hibernate. So now I am back. I feel better now. So my husband decides to get on the health wagon and I have been working out alot more so the cookies, breads and brownies were put on hold. So I have been hoping that I get invited to a party or asked for a cake in order to bake something.  So when my sister's friend asked me to bake some cupcakes for her baby shower, I was soooooo happy! A big plus!  FINALLY I AM BAKING AGAIN! Oh and I got paid for this too!  Double PLUS!!!!

The picture above shows the cupcakes ready for pick up.  I procrastinated so much on making these cupcakes that I started to run out of time but thankfully they came out sooo cute.

The recipe I used was from The Cake Doctor.  I made Chocolate Cupcakes!  Super Simple but super cute.  I made my famous cream cheese frosting that I always make because its soo good and I am not really fond of buttercream especially when I make cupcakes to sell.  This is an order so I want to make it a bit nicer than just butter and powdered sugar.  Cream cheese makes everything so much better tasting, don't you agree?
I made the little onesies and bids from fondant.  Aren't they cutie?


Brooklyn Blackout Cupcakes
•1 package (18.25 oz) plain devil's cake mix


•3 tablespoons Dutch process unsweetened cocoa


•1 1/2 cups buttermilk


•1/2 cup vegetable oil


•3 large eggs


•1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract


1.Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.


2.Prepare the cupcake batter: Line 24 cupcake cups with paper liners. Set the pans aside.


3.Place the cake mix, cocoa powder, buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Increase the mixer speed to medium beat two minutes more.


4.Spon or scoop a heaping 1/2 cup batter into each lined cup, filling it 2/3 of the way full. Place the pans in the oven.


5.Bake the cupcakes until they spring back when lightly pressed with your finger, 17-20 minutes.


6.Remove the pans from the oven and place them on wire racks to cool.










No comments:

Post a Comment